Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sixteen Update

Hello, my lovely readers!  Some of you have been asking various questions about Sixteen, my Christian coming-of-age novella that will be coming out as an ebook.  Others may have noticed the lack of information concerning the book, or the book's "On Hiatus" status right now, on my Books page.  Today I'm here to answer questions and alleviate concerns.

Why is Sixteen on hiatus?  Sixteen is on hiatus simply because it's in the editing stage and I'm focused on a different project right now, a contest entry that's in first draft status.  "On Hiatus" definitely doesn't mean I won't get back to that project, and it doesn't necessarily mean that my break from that project will be long.  It just means I'm not working on it at this moment.

Who is publishing it?  I am!  More specifically, I'm self-publishing, going completely indie - although not completely solo.  I paid for a professional cover (which I am in love with!) and freelance editor (who happened to be a good friend of mine).  When it comes to marketing, selling, and the likes, though, it's all on me.  That's one reason - besides the novella length of the book - that I decided to do ebook-only.

When will it be out?  The original plan was to release Sixteen in late 2013.  However, after doing some extensive research and planning, I realized that wouldn't work, for more than one reason.  The main reason is that I want Amazon Kindle to be one of the main places I publish, and you have to be 18 to publish in the Kindle Store.  I didn't want to publish under my parents' account; therefore, I'm just going to have to wait until early 2014.  If all goes according to my new timeline, the book will release on January 18, 2014 - National Sanctity of Life Day, or Pro-Life Day.

Where will Sixteen be available?  It will definitely be for sale on Amazon Kindle and Smashwords.  I don't know yet if it will be available on other platforms.

Will it ever be available in print?  Right now I can't say for certain, but I'm not promising anything.  In other words, don't hold your breath; it will probably never leave the ebook world.  Sorry to disappoint you.

When can we see the cover?  Sometime between now and the release date.  No promises or dates from me yet, except that I promise you won't be disappointed! ;)

What is Sixteen about?  I want to know more!  My one-sentence pitch is "In this Christian coming-of-age novella, a teenage rebel without a cause - but with parent problems - finds herself pregnant by her adult boyfriend."  The full description will be on the blog soon, don't worry!

Have a question that wasn't answered?  Fire away in the comments or check out my Contact page!

No comments:

Post a Comment