Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My NaNo: Cover Image and Back Cover Copy

This month is dedicated entirely to NaNoWriMo, since that's what I'm furiously working on as you, my lovely readers, enjoy these posts. Today I'm sharing with you the cover I've created and description I've written for my story.  It's not exactly perfect, but it works for now!


In this retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Beila Durand's just an ordinary girl from New York City when her father's job takes a plunge, forcing the family to move to her childhood home in rural Rome, New York. She doesn't mind the country until strange dreams plague both her and her father. When she sets out to find the source of the dreams, she discovers a world of tunnels and secrets unlike anything she's ever seen. Who are the invisible beings that guide her through this world? What is the terrible noise plaguing this dark world at night? Why do the tunnels and the man in Beila's dreams seem to call to her, begging her to uncover their mysteries?
 
I also have a cover created by Ruth Ackiv for my official NaNo page:
 
 

What do you think, my lovely readers?  Does it pique your interest?  Would you be likely to pick it up in a bookstore or library?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment