Saturday, September 28, 2013

Writer's Block and Other Life Events I Didn't Plan For

Apologies, my dear readers.  I know last week should have been another episode of My Imaginary Boyfriend.  I also know I failed to even acknowledge the complete lack of post that day.

I have a job at Chick-Fil-A now.  Did I forget to mention that?  Sorry, lovely readers.  Also, my cat died of cancer on Monday.  Then the church called us about a stray kitten dropped off and did we want a new one now?  Not to mention I am a senior in high school who is directing two plays, won a ticket to a local writer's conference, AND has officially applied to a college with three more to go.

Wait.  What?!

The flip-flops of my life are running a marathon.  The rest of me is struggling to keep up.

I would love to say I'm sorry, now here you go, enjoy the episode.  That was my plan, all week.  That was my plan last night.  Up until 9:56 PM, with less than five minutes to bedtime, after an eight-hour workday and Chemistry homework, I spent nearly an hour staring at the blinking little typing-line on my blank white screen with no idea what to write.

I browsed my playlists.  I put out a call for help in my writer's group.  I read Stacia's old blog posts about Conductive.

I still have not a word of episode eight written.

So I'm sorry, dear lovely readers.  But it looks like Rykel will have to wait for one more week.  In the meantime, we have a book review, my senior photos, and a personal note from yours truly coming up in the week ahead.

Hopefully by this time next week I will be enjoying - not freaking out through - my first writer's conference while you can all finally read the next scene in the adventures of Rykel and Emily Rachelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment