Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review: Oops


Click the cover to buy
Oops! by Bill Myers
TJ and the Time Stumblers

For this review, I had my amazing kid brother Nick read the book.  This review will be mostly in his words, so bear with me.

Before we start, let's allow him to introduce himself.


Hi!  My name's Nick, and I'm ten.  I'm in fifth grade and I'm working on a book review with my sister, Emily Rachelle.  You might know her.  I like to read mysteries... I like to read almost any story - as long as it's not romance.  I don't like romance!  I am a big lover of candy.  (Emily's note: that's an understatement.)  I don't know what else to write....

Okay, on to the review.

This Story Was About... how two boys from the 23rd century came to the 21st century and ruined the life of a teenage girl named TJ.

What I Liked: Everything, except for the confusing parts.  I liked how TJ turned her enemies into things, but then later turned them back.  I like the big, bold words and onomatopoeia (Emily's word for sound words).

What I Didn't Like: How it could get pretty confusing - everybody's saying things and you have to remember everything.

My Favorite Part: When she was on television on Hesper's show and all her (TJ's) thoughts became reality.

My Favorite Person: Probably TJ because of how she can think people into things.  Any thought she had became true.  I could think me into the owner of the biggest candy store in the world!

My Thoughts: The story's really good...

(This is Emily Rachelle.) Okay, so that didn't quite turn out the way I expected, but he definitely tried.  I haven't read the whole book, but from what I've read it's a great 'easy read' for younger audiences, and has a lot of wholesome humor.  He chose the rating, and said it was too confusing to be five stars.  So there you have it!

Check out Bill Myer's website here.

Nick received this book for free from the Tyndale Blog Network in exchange for this review.  All opinions expressed are that of myself and my brother.  Neither of us were otherwise compensated.

No comments:

Post a Comment