Saturday, April 7, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 15: A Person You Admire

Lately life has been nuts.  I've been helping my friend Kathryn; getting ready for my part in my church's Easter drama; planning a Mad Hatter tea party for some girls at my church; and trying to catch up on homework.  Therefore, I apologize for my sparse blogging in March and the fact that I totally dropped the 30 Day Challenge.  It'll take more than my planned 30 weeks, but I still intend to finish this thing!

Today's topic would seem obvious.  After all, anyone who's read this blog could figure out I admire Bailey.  She's such an encouragement and role model to me.

But today I'd rather talk about a few people that I admire for their impact on my life.  When I sent out my first-ever query letters a few weeks ago, I started to wonder who I'd want to dedicate my first book to.  (I'm nowhere near actual publication, and yet I'm already writing my dedication in my head.  Sheesh.)


Lately I've come to terms with the fact that I might not be a published author, ever - or, if I am published, it may not be until after graduation.  It's a little sad for me to realize that my dream may not happen the way I want, but it's a fact of life.  Maybe God has different dreams for me.  But whether I'm published at sixteen, sixty, or never, I want those who have been influential in my life as a writer to know I appreciate them.  Without further ado, the dedication I hope to print in my first book...


To Mrs. Rose, who taught me the love of story

To Mrs. Wolfanger, who taught me the art of story

To Grandma, who encouraged me to finish what I start

To Dad, who gave me Black Beauty and a notebook and told me to write what I think

And to Mom, who trained me in life and language class.  Without you this book and this girl would not be.

I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment