Saturday, April 21, 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 17: A Piece of Art

Sorry this is late!  Apparently Blogger's schedule feature decided to break down, so this didn't go up on Saturday as planned.
I'm not a huge art person. The only artist names I know off the top of my head are the basics: Rembrant, Monet, Raphael, Da Vinci... and also Kinkaide, my mother's favorite.  I just enjoy art as art.  Paintings of pretty people or scenery are something I accept without trying to find out the history of a particular piece or painter.

If you asked me my favorite artist, I'd probably say Monet.

But there's one piece - a real, actual painting, not a print - that hangs in my bedroom.  It's technically my parents' and I'm borrowing it; they bought it in France when I was little.  All I know about it is what it looks like - I can't even read the artist's signature - but I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment