Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vintage Mail Maker {Review}

Read about Vintage Mail Maker and how it works here.


For my first letter, I chose old typewriter font, simple retro envelope, and simple retro paper.  My message is a poem by Christina Rosetti:

'I dreamt I caught a little owl
And the bird was blue -'
'But you may hunt for ever
And not find such a one.'
'I dreamt I set a sunflower
And red as blood it grew -'
'But such a sunflower never
Bloomed beneath the sun.'

~ Christina Rosetti


My second letter was set in female script with grunge envelope and paper.  This time my message was a song quoted in an old children's book I love:

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Rosemary's green,
When I am king, dilly dilly,
You shall be queen!

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so!

~ The Ordinary Princess


Envelopes: The envelopes were a bit too large and the pattern was a little off-balanced.  The adhesive lines were plain white, which kind of bothered me - I felt like they should put the pattern on the entire envelope.  However, I really liked that the inside of the envelope was printed and not white.  Both envelope patterns were really nice and I liked the look of them.  The addresses were printed in the old typewriter font - a nice touch.


Paper: I love that the paper was smaller than printer paper and looked like actual stationary, not like just a piece of paper I could print off.  I didn't like that the print was only on one side, but it doesn't really matter since the actual messages/letters are one-sided and I planned to frame them and hang them up.


Printing/message: The font turned out just like online - neat, properly spaced, etc.  My message was printed exactly as I typed it in.

I was provided two free letters, valued at $5.99 each, in exchange for this review.  All opinions expressed are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment