Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Pinterest Report: Cake Batter Milkshakes


Week Seven: Cake Batter Milkshakes
{all photos linked to source}

The Pin:


three cake batter milkshake recipes




The Test:


You'll need: (Funfetti) A box of funfetti cake mix, everything the mix requires except the eggs, four or five cups of milk, four or five scoops of vanilla ice cream. (Chocolate) A box of chocolate cake mix, everything for the mix minus eggs, four to five cups of milk, four or five scoops of chocolate ice cream.


What to do: Mix the ingredients.  Really, that's all there is to it.  I used a plain old spoon, but you'll probably get a little better texture with a mixer or blender.


My three brothers and I all tried both the funfetti and the chocolate recipe, although I forgot to take pictures of the funfetti or of either finished product.  Sorry!  I will say that my brothers preferred the funfetti while I preferred the chocolate.  In fact, we had just gotten Sonic Batter Blast shakes a few days ago, and the whole family likes this much cheaper homemade version better!  Either recipe is really good and very rich.  


The recipes say they make three to four servings, but my brothers and I got four servings from one recipe and we all had trouble finishing!  I'd recommend planning to get five or six servings from a batch, and that's if you'r going with full cups.  Smaller servings and you could easily serve eight people.

The Grade:


No comments:

Post a Comment