Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yesterdays

I've run out of list ideas, and I was browsing Teen Ink when I realized something.  This blog is called Struggles of a (Maybe) Teen Author, and yet I've only shared one piece of my 'real' work.  So now I'll share a little something I've written each week.  Most of these are posted on various websites.

Yesterdays

At times when things are hopeless;

Ones you love are far away;

Remember the cheer and laughter

From a long-gone day.


Read what you wrote in your diary

On a day when you were sad-

Then read what you wrote the next day,

When somebody made you glad.


Look back at a photo taken

Of you with all your friends

Distance can never erase that

Or make a friendship end.


Watch a movie you made at a party

With no real meaning or plot

Hear the laughter and the giggles

And be thankful for all you've got


At times when things seem hopeless;

Ones you love seem far away;

Remember the cheer and laughter

Of a recent yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment