Monday, September 5, 2011

Review.... Or Not

As some of you may have noticed, I have a new blogging schedule.  I read so many times that successful bloggers use some sort of schedule, so I decided to try it.  And while I do love how much easier it makes running this blog, there are some downsides.



Like the problem that arises when, with certain days set aside for certain types of posts, you're in a pickle without that type of post.  And being that today is Monday and I have no reviews to post, I would be in that pickle.



So this lovely Monday I thought I share with you, lovely readers, another random chattering-about-my-life sort of post that I usually reserve for Thursdays.  Enjoy.



I've set aside my responsibilities this week, despite the lists of books I need to review (currently five titles long), my own books I have yet to read (six titles long) - most of which I have promised you reviews on - and my library books list (three titles).  Instead, I have skipped to the least important title on the least important list.  It's the last book on the my-books-I-haven't-read list; it's not even in 'reviews to come' on my book page.



Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones.  I have only read 13 out of 429 pages, but I'm already in love with it.  Why?  Not only because...


  1. Diana has that perfect not-quite-serious, not-quite-satirical writing style that is so hard to find.

  2. After reading so many school and review books, it's unbelievably refreshing to read something that you don't have to criticize, critique, or commit to memory.  You're free to enjoy the story without a thought of real life.

  3. I've practically starved myself of teen novels and/or fantasy with all my review book choices of late.  How can I write a book of a genre I haven't read in weeks?


But also because an (amazing) best friend of mine invited me to her grandmother's (enormous and crazy gorgeous) house for a (much needed) sleepover, and insisted I absolutely had to see that (rather strange and Japanese animated!) movie that she had grown up loving.  After developing an unexplainable and senseless dislike for Japanese animation, I agreed only because it was a romance and she insisted it was unlike most Japanese movies.



Well, to tell the truth, my prejudice is the worst form as I haven't seen much in the way of Japanese animation.  But if there's anything else like this movie... let's just say my prejudice may now tilt in the other direction.



So this week I've shirked the duties of an ideal book reviewer to indulge in a book that should be my last priority.  What are you, my darling readers, indulging in?

No comments:

Post a Comment